No-Cook Choc & Nut Slice
I am in no way eating healthily right now. Being ill is one of the few exceptions in life when you get to eat what you want for a few days. However, even on those days, I often prefer this to any other treat I can think of and on the good days, it's full of good fats, protein, nothing processed and really not that naughty at all.
Most importantly though, it's so easy!
200g nuts, any work, a combination is good. Experiment!
6 tbsp nut butter, peanut butter is fine
4 tbsp honey/maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 tbsp cocoa or cacoa powder
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Line a tin or tupperware tub with greaseproof paper. I used a 7"x 9"
2) Melt the coconut oil, then stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt and honey or syrup
3) Tip in the nuts and give it a good stir
4) Put in the fridge to set
5) Melt the coconut oil, then stir in the coca powder, followed by the honey or syrup
6) Once the base has set, pour the topping all over and return to the fridge/freezer to set.
This can be stored in either the fridge or the freezer, try both. In the fridge it's much softer so don't leave it out before eating out!